Event is FINISHED
Backstage Pass KL by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group.
Backstage Pass KL by Peatix: Engaging Communities
The first edition in the series of community events for event organisers in KL
With the first Backstage Pass KL, it's all about the community
Hear from the speakers as they share how you can:
- Craft meaningful social experiences and interactions for your communities
- Meaningfully engage to grow and build your communities
- 645pm: Registration and dinner is catered
- 730pm: Fireside chat with Dr Shariha Khalid and Laís de Oliveira
- 830pm: Q&A
Meet our speakers, Shariha and Lais:
Shariha is a social investor and designer who believes that by building, supporting and putting together like-minded individuals and organisations around a common cause, new ways can be found to address society’s most pressing challenges. In her role as a +SocialGood Connector, she connects people and causes around social good, both online and offline. As a Global Good Fund Ambassador, she finds the next generation of change leaders for a 15-month tailored fellowship, and as an advisor to governments in the region, she connects them to policy decisions that can build the ecosystem supporting changemakers and create social impact where it is most needed. A co-founder of Impact Hub KL, she led the establishment of the team, space, mentorship programmes, and partnerships. Shariha will continue in this role as the Hub finds its feet and grows its community and partners network.
Entrepreneur and Ecosystem Development Facilitator, Lais currently manages Startup Grind communities across Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific, as their Global Community Director, besides engineering the community aspect of MAP (MaGIC Accelerator Program), which gathers 50 startups from Malaysia and ASEAN in a 4 months program. She is also co-Founder in a couple of community-driven projects, such as theconfluence.co and 8spaces.co. Last but not least, Lais is big supporter of KL local ecosystem as Curator at TheListKL and Startup Digest Malaysia, besides curating events and program for a few incubators and co-working spaces in Malaysia. Previous to that, she was Mindvalley Entrepreneurship Coordinator. Before moving to Asia: she lived in Argentina, where she managed Events and Community for @NXTPLabs (leading seed fund accelerator for Latam) and co-organized the 1st Online Conference for Startups from over 25 countries with @Wisboo. Lais started her career managing 1200 young volunteers across 3 countries, as President for AIESEC in Southern Cone (Argentina, Chile and Uruguay).
Our partners make Backstage Pass KL possible
VLT KL is a full service digital agency that builds businesses and transforms brands
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend? Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meet other organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of RM30 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Vegetarian or Halal food? Yes! Please let us know in advance.
- Why isn't the event free? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $30.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The community team at Peatix Malaysia
- More questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The event description was updated. Diff#95432 2015-06-03 03:57:20
Add to Calendar
Tue Jun 9, 2015
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM MYT
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM MYT
- VLT KL
Organiser (Early Bird) SOLD OUT RM15.00 Organiser (Standard) SOLD OUT RM22.00 Vendor SOLD OUT RM30.00
- Venue Address
- A-4-2 Menara Mustapha Kamal, PJ Trade Centre, 8 Jalan PJU 8/8a, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Malaysia
Upon arriving at PJ Trade Centre walk to Menara Mustapha Kamal, the tower on the far right of the courtyard which is the closest to the road. Go to Level L and check in at the security desk. Go to the 4th floor and the VLT office is on the left.
Peatix Malaysia690 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?